Back when the pandemic started, I upgraded one of my webcams to one made by Amcrest. I was very satisifed with it. Since then, I've been given the opportunity to test products from Amcrest, the most recent being the ASH21 WiFi Camera. This little monitor is a great device to have around. Let's take a brief look at the specs, pros, and cons of the ASH21.
- Resolution - 1080p (1920x1080)
- Viewing Angle 93° Wide-View
- Night Vision
- Special Modes
- Baby Monitor
- Storage Options
- Cloud ($$)
- MicroSD (up to 256GB, sold separately)
- Easy to set up. Using the Android app, I had the camera up and running in a matter of minutes with no issues
- Small and unobtrusive. This can be placed almost anywhere and not be in the way
- Good quality video and image capture
- App sometimes didn't connect immediately when on the same WiFi network
- Pan/Tilt controls can react a little slowly
- Audio is decent, but not great. Then again, this isn't a high-level video camera used for production
I'd definitely add more of these to my home. It's a great way of monitoring at a low cost. For me, I sometimes use it in my laundry room, where the slop sink tends to overflow during a wash (that's a whole other issue).